International Event Manager
About the IMB:
IMBâ€™s mission is to partner with churches to empower limitless missionary teams who are making disciples and multiplying churches among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God.
More than 1.7 billion people still live with little or no access to the Gospel.
IMB is an entity of the Southern Baptist Convention, the nation's largest evangelical denomination, with more than 46,000 churches and over 15 million members.
Are you a job seeker with strong international event planning skills and the ability to travel, as needed?
The International Mission Board, a nonprofit religious organization in Richmond, VA, is hiring for an International Event Manager!
International Event Manager
Hours: Full time
Rate: $62,645 to $66,300/year plus great benefits
* Oversee, develop, and organize all aspects of assigned Event, from pre-planning to onsite completion.
Assist, implement, manage and evaluate events as assigned by the event director.
In conjunction with the Event Coordination team, assist, plan or provide logistical support for all aspects of event.
* While working across all internal offices, assist in planning and management of domestic and international IMB events and IMB's participation in external events.
* Perform site visits, communicate logistic details, obtain bids, and analyze site data with the travel team.
Communicate well with outside partners, analyze and organize program of events and run sheets.
Be attentive to all logistical details.
* Negotiate high level contracts for hotel agreements, posses a general knowledge of audio visual technology and event management processes
* Stay current with travel industry standards, trends, skills and technology developments by seeking out and participating in staff development opportunities.
* 3 years minimum international event planning experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing or related field.
* Ability to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
* Proven negotiation skills with hotels and travel.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Slack, Eventbrite and Event Management software.
* Understanding of online booking tools, processes and procedures, hospitality industry trends, and event management.
* General knowledge of registration processes and procedures.
* Understanding of Audio Visual equipment and operational needs for an event.
* Detail oriented, ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
* Ability to remain calm under pressure with multiple competing demands.
* Strong customer service skills.
* CMP or CMM certification preferred
More Jobs from International Mission Board
- State Sales Manager - East Uttar Pradesh
- HRIS Senior Specialist
- Team Technician
- Process Engineer-AFC
- Senior Scientist, Statistician
- *Safety Leader
- Electrical Engineer-1
- KCP Sales Executive Sr.
- Territory Account Manager
- Business Development Manager - Industrial
- Customer Service Analyst
- Product Owner â€“ Manufacturing Asset Reliability
- Trade Category Manager - BCC & Indochina
- Operations Supervisor
- Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainabilty Leader
- Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Sr. Consultant - Global OTC
- Fulfilment Analyst
- Procurement Operations Support
- Business Development Manager - Health & Wellness